————-SETTING UP eL2WALKER IG————–
Download the IG eL2Walker 1.47: here.
Password update: 5/14/06
All Files will be installed to: My documents/eL2Walker.
Fast/Slow? Download the slides here: http://www.gamearena.tv/files/tu/el2setupslides.zip
In order for this to work Lineage 2 MUST be running in windowed mode.
Okay think of this… If you cannot see your start bar while playing Lineage 2, you are currently running in full screen. Simply press Alt+Enter to “restore.” If you can see your start bar plus maybe a little desktop, you did everything correctly. You now should be able to press the “home” key and a hidden menu will appear.
All you need to do is configure the settings within eL2Walker. What settings? (Settings)
o I press “home” and nothing happens.
For some reason windows XP and the walker software dont like working through shortcuts. Try running both of the programs directly from their folders. EX.
Instead of running it from your desktop links. Goto the install folder. In my case that was My Documents\eL2Walker\ Run the .exe files directly from that folder. When i run them from the desktop link they act like they are working but the HOME bind in game doesnt work. As soon as i run them from the folder.. WHAMMO works perfectly
o My eL2Walker doesn’t verify.
Try opening a 5 verifyserver’s set first one to
next one to 5002, start
next one to 5003, start
next one to 5004, start
next one to 5005, start
If this doesn’t work, something is blocking it, or your host file hasn’t been altered/replaced.
o My eL2Walker STILL doesn’t verify.
Restart your computer
1. Turn off firewalls & autoprotecting programs (temporary)
2. Open eL2Walker 1.47
3. Click Run
4. Login to your character
5. Press Home (It should read.. “not verify”)
6. Run l2_All.exe and Start it.
7. Go back to LineageII and click on “Reverify”
If that doesn’t work… please answer these questions below.
1. When installing the setup, you replaced the “hosts” file right?
2. Do you have an Windows OS > XP?
3. Try downloading the copy directly from the website. (this won’t self extract) eL2Walker 1.47
4. Firewalls/AntiViruses? If so, what are the name(s)
5. Have you updated your computer recently? (ie: windows update, java)
o Can I have multiple IG eL2walkers open at the same time?
* Yes you can. The unfortunate… IG L2Walker will use approximately 256mb – 512mb ram per opened window. The reason is because it still has to render the GUI (graphical user interface). Timeouts, Lag, Crashes are almost unavoidable when your system ram is to its limit. If you are having some major problems, try raising your paging file.
* You will need a L2W_All opened for every L2 window you have at all times.
o L2.exe (First Lineage 2 Window)
L2W_All (w/ Number 5001)
o L2.exe (Second Lineage 2 Window)
L2W_All (w/ Number 5002)
o Why does Lineage 2 not respond to any commands after a period of time?
L2Walker has a built-in log.
* Next time Lineage 2 “freezes.”
o Open the L2Walker configuration (home)
o Under Information you will find Chat Setting.
o You will see tabs at the bottom, make sure its on “Sys”
o Above it should give you a reason why is disconnected.
o Ctrl + Q will quit Lineage 2 without opening Task Manager.
————-SETTING UP eL2WALKER OGG————
Install OGG (Out of Game) Walker
o Download the OGG version.
o Download the maps here.
o Extract everything inside the rar file anywhere on your computer, run L2Walker to access the program. The OGG version is a very handy program because it uses much less processes in order to run. Definatly best for people running 2-4 characters on one computer. I advize, if you are new to the whole “Walker” thing, start with the IG version, once you get the hang of it move to OGG.